train online 24/7 from any desktop or mobile device

Contractor Continuing Education (CE)

Frequently Asked Questions

AFFILIATED HBA MEMBERS: click the HBA MEMBERS Link at the top. You can select courses after login.
  • Shop for Courses
  • Add your Course to Cart.
  • Select additional courses from the Course Catalog – or –
  • Proceed to Cart for Checkout
  • Your account is created at the same time, so you can begin training right away!
  • Returning users login from the RETURNING STUDENTS orange button at the top.
  • HBU is design for desktop, laptop, tablets and mobile devices.
  • Internet Explorer 9, 10+ browser. Update Internet Explorer.
  • The current version of the following browsers:
  • Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
  • Click on RETURNING STUDENTS LOGIN button at the top.
  • Select “forgot password”. Enter the email address you registered with. Your login information will be emailed to you.
  • To change your login information call us at 503-378-9066 x1.
Make sure you are using a high-speed internet. Direct connection work better than wireless for viewing our courses.
Deleting the history and cookies in your internet browser will also help the courses run smoothly.
Internet Explorer, FireFox and Chrome users:
Press and hold the following three keys: Ctrl Shift Delete
A new window will appear that will ask you if you want to clear your browsing history, cookies, temporary files, form data, etc.
Make sure the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies and Temporary Files are selected
Click the button at the bottom of the box to delete these items.
Safari users:
Click on the Settings Tool button in the right hand corner or the Edit option in the left corner
Select the “Reset Safari” option
A new window will appear that will ask you if you want to clear your history, empty cache, remove all cookies, remove all website data, etc.
Click the button at the bottom that says reset.
After you have deleted your history and cookies, please close and reopen your internet browser for the changes to take effect.
“The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania currently has no licensure or certification requirements for most construction contractors (or their employees).

Please note the following regarding state and local requirements pertaining to certain contractors (and their employees).


On July 1, 2009, the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act (Senate Bill 100) took effect. This law requires most home improvement contractors to register with the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office. Additionally, these contractors must maintain minimum insurance coverage and utilize contracts that comply with a number of consumer protection requirements specified in this law. The Attorney General’s Bureau of Consumer Protection is responsible for enforcement of these requirements. If you have questions about this contractor registration program, please call 717- 772-2425 or click on the following link for web-based information: Home Improvement Contractor Registration


The Crane Operator Licensure Act (Act 100 of 2008; HB 647) was signed into law in 2008. This act establishes a Crane Operators Board and licensure requirements for crane operators. The Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs at the PA Department of State administers this licensure program. Here are various means that crane operators can contact the Bureau:

State Board of Crane Operators

P.O. Box 2649

Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649

Phone: (717) 783-1404

Fax: (717) 705-5540



In order to comply with federal mandates, the State of Pennsylvania certifies contractors and workers that perform asbestos and lead removal services. These certifications are issued by the Certification, Accreditation and Licensing Division at the Department of Labor and Industry. If you have questions about asbestos or lead certification, please call 717-772-3396 or click on one of the following links for web-based information: Asbestos Certification,
Lead Certification


Some of Pennsylvania’s 2,562 municipalities have established local licensure or certification requirements for contractors or construction trades people. Typically, these requirements pertain to home improvement contractors, electrical contractors (or electricians), and plumbing contractors (or plumbers). Since the Commonwealth has no jurisdiction in this matter, the Department maintains no records concerning municipalities that have established licensure or certification requirements. This information can only be obtained by contacting the municipality where construction work will occur.”

Still have questions?